The Club of Rome
I am a 39 years old software architect and programmer from Hungary.
I have spent all my career on understanding and modeling systems, creating informatics representations of a segment of the world that must work for a long time. I failed to stop thinking and analyzing when I left my desktop, I wanted to understand and model our world - or maybe the other way round: I wanted to understand the world, this is why I became a programmer... I managed to understand, but failed to model it, because the basic rules that we all accept today do not form a sustainable system. We have no future on this path. This was totally clear to me back in 2008 - now it does not look like a prophecy.
I have written a book on the current state of our world, seeking for the fundamental factors that cause the current symptoms, derive an alternative solution, and an explanation why it could not work until now, but why there is a chance for it today. I would be honored if you read it and give me some feedback: http://hajnalvilag.hu/books/MondoAurora_en.pdf
If you would prefer a shorter introduction, please watch my 4 minute "campaign video" that I posted to the alternative president election "game" in Hungary this year (English subtitle is available): http://youtu.be/PyrrlxxNFd0 , or a summary of informatics part of the suggested solution: http://hajnalvilag.hu/projects/dust/dustShort.pdf (for the technical details, see http://dust-framework.org/ if you are interested).
Best wishes
Lorand Kedves