2012. október 11., csütörtök

Dust reloaded

So, I am sitting in front of the keyboard again, looking into the darkness of my mind - and this is not a joke. It is time to create Dust Framework. Implement the system that can prove that the heart of a software is not the implementation. This is why I start implementing Dust in writing flow text on this blog, because this is missing: the "story". I am not afraid of writing code (I have written tons); not afraid of extracting parameters and structures into declarative environments (I do it all the time); neither afraid of designing complex components (done already many times, including Dust terms).

What I don't see is the path through which I reach from having all (or at least most of) the required tools to the working Dust Framework. Being human I am not able to look into the future, so I decided to start telling the story, to see the path on which I am going into my future. I believe this will be the story of transforming my mind to be able to see Dust - because I have the knowledge, experience, tools and tasks; the only thing that holds me back from writing it is simply I don't see it. I see big structures and air between - and Dust is in that thin air.

Why in plain (okay, formatted) text? Because I have and would spend too much time on playing with the tools, visual tricks to "make me more understandable". But I don't talk to "the public" - I talk and write to change myself, to understand the internal structure of the thing I analyze. For Mondo Aurora, I moved from a homepage and blog to writing a book, because my story was irrelevant, the text containing the structure was the aim. Now I move from coding and designing to this blog to follow my path through which Dust may arise. Sounds like a religious faith? Well, I know a bit of of faith and spiritualism, and hell yeah, this is the only way of invoking something that should exist into real existence. The only way of conscious creation.

Why here? What about "intellectual property"? Because anyone who thinks about this have never ever had a really valuable idea. If you have one, you don't think about how to sell it to make you "rich" and raise you above the others for your great effort. Nope. If the idea is really great, you feel blessed and happy to have it in your mind. You feel the urge to share it, because you, as a human being, are so vulnerable and weak. You start to hate the idea of being broken or dead before putting that value to a place where others can reach it. Even is no one cares enough to take it or help you in making it.

Okay. I promise this was the last time you thought you understand me, can make up some ideas about my mental state. But only a few minds will be able to follow me as I go on. This text will be a king of meditation, for myself, skipping items that are simple to me.

For declarations use JSON, because it is hierarchical, easy to parse, on declaration level I use plain ASCII, the language has no featuritis compared to XML (to which the best is to use a component). New Eclipse workspace starts up... I need a JSON plugin. Got it working, with the help of Stackoverflow.