2014. február 18., kedd

On science and religion again

SURVEY: RELIGION AND SCIENCE AREN’T ALWAYS AT ODDS

I think it is hard to have a constructive conversation without clean subjects.

Separation of superstition from faith is the first important step. Understanding that "science" in our common sense is just another form of superstition (my favorite sentence is "I believe in science" - eh???). Understanding the fundamental rules, motivations and limits of a neural network that we all (yes, you too) use for thinking is a must. I don't see much of that neither on "religious" or "scientific" side. However, there are brilliant minds everywhere, like the Chan buddhists, Anthony de Mello, or Douglas Adams, who appears to be the greatest current philosopher to me (but I had to learn a lot to respect the Hitchhiker's Guide).

I myself got to the conclusion that

you are simply UNABLE to think rationally
without a consciously and responsibly CHOSEN faith.
:-D

If interested, check this out: http://hajnalvilag.hu/projects/TasteOfLuck.pdf